Monday, August 27, 2012

Lunchbox #5

Ah, Mondays. Longest day of the week in my opinion. Lucky for me I only have two classes on Mondays! Stupid of me, I did nothing to progress my studying over the weekend so I had lots to do today. I ended up being at school (mostly in the library) from 8-5. Got my environmental ethics reading on. Wrote a paper. The usual college stuff. 
But anyway...
Today's lunch was delightful, but a little small. I felt like a genius last night when I attempted to make a non-sloppy, lunch box-friendly, sandwich version of ants on a log. To my dismay, it was an utter failure. Pretty hilariously so, actually. There was more peanut butter on the lid than in the celery and the raisins were clustered in a little corner, as far as they could physically be from the celery. Oh well. You win some, you lose some. 
Top left: Mixed greens salad with sliced farmer's market radishes, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, and a side of (my favorite!) light champagne dressing. 
Top right: Leftover Indian spiced lentils with vegetarian sausage. So so good. 
Bottom right: Baby carrots and green grapes.
Bottom left: Ants on a log, sandwich style: celery, peanut butter, and raisins. 

Let me tell you bout them grapes. Those grapes used to be "Sour Patch Grapes", meaning they were covered in Cherry Lemonade flavored Jello powder as was suggested by Pinterest and about a million other healthy food blogs. They were, to say the least, gross. The Jello powder was gritty and too sweet and after a few days in the fridge became wet and soggy. That is definitely a DO NOT recommend. That said, the fix is easy: rinse them off with water and voila! Back to normal, tasty, and very well washed green grapes, ready for my lunch and belly. 

Have a great week! 

1 comment:

  1. "Let me tell you bout them grapes" is my new favorite sentence.

    ReplyDelete